We believe we have reached an agreement and wish to formalise the agreement so it is final and binding. What do we do now?

Your will need to have either a Financial Agreement or Consent Orders prepared. Both are written agreements which state all financial settlement details including what happens with all of your property including real estate, vehicles, chattels, superannuation and so forth, as well as spousal maintenance arrangements. Consent Orders are approved by the Court. Financial Agreements do not have to be approved by the Court, but both parties must have legal representation.