We can’t agree. What now?

You will first need try to resolve the matter through your solicitors or mediation. If an agreement still cannot be reached, you will need to apply to the Court for Financial Orders.
To determine its decision, the Court takes into account facts such as current financial position, past contributions to the relationship both financially and in regards to housekeeping, child rearing, assets, the parties health, care for dependents and future earning capacity of each party.