We can’t agree. What now?

You will first need try to resolve the matter through formal dispute resolution. If an agreement still cannot be reached, you will need to apply to the Court for Parenting Orders.
The Court considers first and foremost the best interests of the child. They take into account many matters including the views of the children, the current care provided, past care provided, extended family support and previous family violence or neglect issues.