What about if I transfer to my brother and there is a mortgage?

This is more complicated. If transferring to a relative other than a spouse or partner then stamp duty is payable and the Transfer will need to be assessed by the State Revenue Office. They will then advise of the amount of stamp duty payable. When there is a mortgage, the bank will need to make the original Title available. The banks all have their own internal processes for doing this. They usually require a re-finance of the existing mortgage and often charge a fee.