What happens if I lose capacity and don’t have a guardian?

If you become incapacitated and you don’t have an enduring power of attorney or a guardianship, in some circumstances, the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) can appoint a qualified person to take over your affairs. However, the appointed person’s decisions may not be in accordance with your preferred wishes and the Guardian may charge a percentage of your estate and other fees for performing this function.