What about stamp duty, how does that get paid?

If you are obtaining a mortgage, the bank will usually pay the stamp duty and Land Titles
Office lodgement fee from your loan funds. If you are providing all funds you will have to
provide those fees on, or shortly after settlement and your Solicitor will lodge the documents on your behalf.